Morecambe Bay Golf Festival Terms and Conditions
The Morecambe Bay Golf Festival Tournament will be played in the Morecambe Bay area on three different courses, namely Morecambe Golf Club, Lancaster Golf Club and Heysham Golf Club over five consecutive days commencing on the second week in September each year.
Players can enter as a pair or as a fourball.
Entry can be made either online at www.morecambebaygolffestival.com or by post. Please make cheques payable to Morecambe Bay Golf Festival and send it along with the completed entry form to:
Morecambe Bay Golf Festival, fao Tony Wilkinson, c/o Heysham Golf Club, Trumacar Park, Middleton Road, Heysham, Morecambe LA3 3JH.
Entries should arrive in good time before the closing date of 31st August each year.
Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of entry.
There will be daily prizes at each course and 11 overall first prizes in the tournament.
Members of the host clubs will be offered courtesy non-competition tee times during non-competition days at the other courses.
Handicap limit : Ladies 36 Men 20 with 90% of handicap allowance (new CONGU rules)
Men will play off yellow markers and Ladies will play off their tee markers and their own scorecard.
Fourball betterball: Best score to count
Team Events: Best two scores to count
In the event of a card play-off, our formula is back 9, 6 3 last hole, front 9, 6, 3 first hole. Should a tie occur in the 3 day Festival Trophy event, the scorecards on the final day will be used to determine the overall winners. In the event of inclement weather this competition may be reduced from 54 to 36 or 18 holes.
Prizes will be vouchers for either the Professional’s shop or for Carrs of Garstang. If prize-winners are not represented at the presentation, they will receive 50% of the prize for the Pro’s shop and 50% for Carrs.
A COMPETITION RESULT WILL STAND WHEN 50% OF THE ENTRANTS COMPLETE THEIR ROUND.
- All entrants must be members of golf clubs recognised by, and affiliated to, their country’s governing body
- All entrants must be amateur players and have an official competition Congu handicap
- A CDH number will be required
- No handicap adjustment will be made during the tournament
- Competition formats vary. Men’s team, Men’s fourball, Ladies’ team and Combination teams. Check entry forms for details.
- All entrants must be 18 or over on entry
- The closing date for entries will be 31st August each year or when the tournament limit has been reached-whichever is sooner
- Withdrawals will only be refunded if notified before the closing date.
- In the event that the limit is reached before the closing date, any entries after that point will be placed on a standby list. Those on the list will be offered any vacant place in the tournament caused by a withdrawal on a first come, first served basis
- A team on the standby list which fails to get a place in the tournament will have a full refund of all monies paid.
- ALL ENTRANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO HAVE THEIR OWN GOLF INSURANCE